Transgender Student Leadership Scholarship
Black Transmen, Inc provides education & book scholarships to assist transgender undergraduate and graduate students to further his or her education and to inspire the next generation of leaders. This scholarship is designed to help supplement the cost of education with helping to pay for textbooks and tuition.
This $100-$300 scholarship awarded to the student is paid to the school in the form of a check to be used for textbooks and tuition payment. Scholarships are awarded as funding is available. Scholarship winners will be notified by email. Award receipients are also acknowledged at our conference in March. Application deadline Jan 5, 2013.
1. Transgender Youth in high school (junior/senior year), also transgender undergraduate/graduate students.
2. One complete application. Including online application and supporting documents.
3. Applicant must be enrolled at least half time in an undergraduate or graduate program at an accredited college or university
4. Post-doctorate students are not eligible
1. Applicant must be low-income/economically challenged and present a financial need.
2. A copy of the student’s admission acceptance letter (if the applicant is a current student, then a copy of the most recent grade report).
3. Two recommendations from educators, employers or community leaders familiar with applicants background.
4. Individual profile statement of 500 words or less, detailing the applicant’s plan for higher education, activities within the community, how your education will help benefit the transgender movement and why TSLS should award you a scholarship.
5. All attachments or supporting documents should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to 3530 Forest Lane #290 Dallas, TX 75234.
Join in the investment of the future of transgender students. Our goal is to raise $5,000. With your help, we aim to award 12-15 education scholarships. Donate with us in any amount. Together we can accomplish all things.